We are legally obliged to deal with your personal data in accordance with all applicable laws concerning personal data, including the Data Protection Act 1998.
This policy explains the following:
- what personal data we may collect about you;
- how we will use the personal data we collect about you;
- when we may use your details to contact you;
- whether we will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal data that you provide to us; and
- Who are we?
References to GNS in this policy are references to the Global Navigation Solutions group of companies from time to time. This policy applies to the entire Global Navigation Solutions group of companies.
- What personal data will we collect about you?
When you purchase our good or services, make any enquiry or sign up to receive our newsletter we may receive personal data about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, credit card details, telephone or mobile number depending on the activity.
By submitting your details, you allow GNS (and, where applicable, our partners and contractors) to provide you with the products or services you require.
- How will we use the personal data we collect about you?
We may use your personal data in a number of ways including the following:
- to provide our products and services and online content, to provide you with information about them and to deal with your requests and enquiries; and
- for “service administration purposes”, which means that GNS may contact you for reasons related to the product, service or online content you have signed up for, as set out in section 5 below (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service or online content has been suspended for maintenance).
- When will GNS contact me?
GNS may contact you:
- in relation to any products, services or online content you have purchased or signed up to in order to ensure that we can deliver the products, services or online content to you;
- in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about GNS;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about our products and services (participation is always voluntary) or to obtain feedback on the service we have provided; and
- for marketing purposes, where you have agreed to this (see section 6 below).
- Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
If you have agreed that we can contact you for marketing purposes, we may send you emails and other communications relating to our products and services from time to time.
- Will GNS share my personal data with anyone else?
We will keep your data confidential except where we are required or permitted by law to disclose it (for example, to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or where we need to provide it to third party credit reference agencies, credit card clearing agencies, fraud prevention agencies or delivery companies.
Generally, we will only use your data within GNS. However, sometimes we need to send your data to third parties in connection with payments you make to us. We also use third parties such as partners and contractors to provide certain goods or services that you may be purchasing and these third parties will need access to your personal data.
- How long do we keep your personal data?
We will hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us or as set out in any retention schedule (a database that defines which documents should be kept and for how long).
- How can I find out what personal data GNS holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge £10 for information requests and require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification). We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
These cookies are set when you submit a form, login or interact with the site by doing something that goes beyond clicking some simple links. We also use some non-essential cookies to anonymously track visitors or enhance your experience of this site.
If you are not happy with this, we will not set these cookies but some nice features on the sites may be unavailable. To control third party cookies, you can also adjust your browser settings.
We may install from time to time CCTV in our reception areas, car-parks and warehouses. We will only do so for the purposes of preventing and detecting crime. Images from CCTV footage will be securely stored and only authorised personnel will have access to them. The images will be retained only long enough for an incident to come to light and any investigation to be conducted.
- Governing Law